Friday, September 4, 2009

Grilled Green Tomatoes

After the hunt for green tomatoes last week I ended up with more than I needed for one meal. One of them I set out to ripen, and there were two in the fridge.

Last night we didn't get home till 11. I wasn't about to start a big cooking project at that time of night, so i went foraging in the cupboards to see what was around. Canned beans, Bread, one ripe tomato on the counter, some lettuce and two green ones in the fridge. Then came the flash of brilliance.

I pulled the good old Foreman Grill out of the cupboard, sliced those green tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices and slapped them on the grill with garlic and italian seasoning. I slapped those lovely morsels on bread with lettuce and mustard. Perfect. No pics, 'cause the good camera was at work, but yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment